Red Hot Potato Salad
August 22, 2019 ogkdev Recipes
Summer ends in September, and for us at least, Labor Day seems to signal the end of summer fun. Why not go out with a bang by hosting an amazing outdoor party with some amazing dishes? @sliceofjess’ Red Potato Salad spiced with our Creole Kicker SPRD® has got you covered! Bring the flavors of the bayou to your Labor Day gathering with this flavorful recipe. To keep the fun going, we are running a BOGO promotion at all Harris Teeter stores!
The next time you’re looking for a side dish with some zip, Jess Bentley’s Red Potato Salad spiced with Kitchen Crafted’s Creole Kicker SPRD®, bell peppers, and jalapeños has got you covered! Bring the flavors of the bayou to your next gathering with this flavorful recipe. Your friends will thank you later.
Potato salad is a staple at any get together. It’s familiar, it plays well with others, and it’s incredibly easy to make. Need we say more?
THIS CREOLE RED POTATO SALAD IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE TWISTS ON A CLASSIC RECIPE.
It’s savory, it’s got a kick, and there’s that extra zing that everyone appreciates. Jess has highlighted a vegetarian version in today’s post… but feel free to add bacon, shrimp, crab, or chicken into this dish. Even better yet, add them all! Now that would be a masterpiece your taste buds would appreciate!
WHEN IT COMES TO POTATO SALAD, I’M TEAM RED POTATO + MAYO + HARD BOILED EGGS.
There are so many ways to customize this dish, and they’re all the right way. Add some herbs, sprinkle in some salty feta, or include your favorite diced pickles. Any way you choose to make it, potato salad is guaranteed to satisfy any comfort food cravings you might have. Don’t be afraid to cook outside the box.
IF YOU’RE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE FLAVOR OF CREOLE, IT’S BASICALLY A MIX OF BOLD SPICES TO GIVE YOUR RECIPES SOME KICK. THINK: GARLIC, ONION, CAYENNE PEPPER, AND A BLEND OF HERBS.
So when Jess found Kitchen Crafted’s Creole Kitchen SPRD at her local Harris Teeter, she knew she had to give it a whirl. It has a mustard base that tastes phenomenal when slathered on sandwiches, hot dogs, and grilled chicken! It’s definitely a versatile condiment.
Jess is a firm believer that potato salad tastes better the next day, so try to make this in advance if you have the time. There’s no need to set the eggs on top of the salad ahead of time, as they don’t require any marinating time. Not an egg fan? No big deal, they are an optional (yet tasty) addition to this recipe.
Creole Red Potato Salad With Peppers
Serves: 10 – 12
1.5 lbs. Red Potatoes, diced
1.5 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced
2 Bell Peppers (any color works), chopped into small squares
1 – 2 Fresh Jalapeños, seeded & diced
¼ small Red Onion, thinly sliced & chopped
½ cup chopped Flat Leaf Parsley + more for garnish
1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (optional)
¼ cup Buttermilk
1 cup Kitchen Crafted Creole Kitchen SPRD®
3 Hard Boiled Eggs, cut in half
Smoked Paprika, for dusting eggs
1. Wash and dice the potatoes and place them in a large pot covered with water. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 15 – 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. While potatoes are cooling, cut the peppers, red onion, and flat leaf parsley. Then toss them together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk together the apple cider vinegar (optional), buttermilk, and Kitchen Crafted Creole Kitchen SPRD® in a medium size bowl and set aside.
4. Once cooled, gently toss potatoes with pepper mixture and pour creole mixture over the potato mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
5. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving (ideally make a day ahead of time and let flavors mingle overnight).
6. Prior to serving, top the dish with hard boiled eggs. Sprinkle with paprika and flat leaf parsley. Enjoy!
Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!