If you’re going to make this appetizer, hide one for yourself. They’ll go fast!
- 1 lb. tenderloin of beef, sliced thin
- Fire N’ Lime BLND®
- 1 lb. bacon (12 slices), cut in half
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup Marinara Mia® SPRD®
- 2 tbs. chives, finely chopped
- 24 toothpicks
- 2 shallots, cut into thin rings
- 4 tbs., balsamic vinegar glaze
- ¼ cup, fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ½ cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- Pre-heat a cast iron skillet on medium to high heat and partially cook the bacon.
- Once the bacon is ¾ of the way cooked, remove the bacon from the skillet and place onto a plate layered with paper towels to absorb the fat. Reserve bacon fat in the skillet.
- Heat oven to 450°F degrees.
- Trim the tenderloin pieces so they are about ½ ounce each.
- Mix together the Marinara Mia® SPRD®, blue cheese and chives.
- Lay a piece of bacon on a large plate. Place a tenderloin medallion on top of the piece of bacon. Season the tenderloin slices with Fire N’ Lime BLND®.
- Take a small amount of the Marinara Mia® and Blue Cheese SPRD® and place in the middle of the tenderloin medallion.
- Roll the tenderloin medallions up in the bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- After all the medallions are assembled, add the bites to the warm skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 2 to 4 minutes. Remove skillet from oven, rotate the bites to brown both sides. Cook another 2 to 4 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt out. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar glaze and sprinkle with basil and sun-dried tomatoes.