PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES
5 Medium to Large Beets, Red, Golden and Chioggia Beets-Washed, Scrubbed
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
2 Ounces Goat Cheese, Crumbled
1/4 Cup Shelled Pistachios, Salted or Unsalted
White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons White Balsamic Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Honey
1 Teaspoon HARISSA HEAT BLND®
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place the beets in a medium bowl, drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- NOTE: If you are using a variety of different beets, keep them separated on the baking sheet so they don't bleed onto each other.
- Spread the beets into a single layer then roast them for approximately 25-30 minutes or until tender, shaking the tray and moving them around a couple of times to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool while you make the vinaigrette.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- When cooled down, peel the beets with a vegetable peeler and cut them into wedges.
- Place the beets in the vinaigrette and toss until coated.
- If you are using a variety of beets start with the lightest colored ones first or divide the vinaigrette into separate bowls as the beet juices will dye the vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.
- If you plan to make the salad ahead of time, marinate the beets in separate bowls with the vinaigrette and assemble the salad just before serving to ensure that the pistachios stay crunchy, and the beet juices don't bleed onto each other or the goat cheese.