HONEY GLAZED ROASTED CARROTS
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
12-15 Medium Carrots
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons KANSAS CITY SMOKER BLND®
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Honey
Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For Serving: Freshly Made Hummus (optional) on the bottom of serving platter, Toasted Pinenuts, Pomegranate Seeds, Fresh Italian Parsley-chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash carrots and trim the greens. Peel if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk together, the olive oil, KANSAS CITY SMOKER BLND®, lemon juice and honey.
- Drizzle over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Place carrots evenly on a baking sheet pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 -30 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and slightly browned. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Garnish with toasted Pinenuts, pomegranate seeds and chopped Italian parsley.
How to Toast Pinenuts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup.
- Toss pine nuts in olive oil and sea salt if desired. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Toast until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven as well as the baking sheet and use as desired. Or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.