Creole Kicker® SPRD® gives this classic combination an extra helping of southern hospitality!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 3 cups waffle mix
- 3 cups Corn Flakes, finely ground
- 2 tbs Bayou Catch BLND®
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1 jar Creole Kicker® SPRD®
- 12 eggs (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet pan with a wire rack.
- Filet the chicken breasts in half, then cut into 2-inch squares and pound out to ¼-inch thick pieces and place in the refrigerator.
- To bread the chicken, add the Corn Flakes along with 1 tablespoon of Bayou Catch BLND®.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of Bayou Catch BLND®.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the buttermilk mixture, shake off the excess, then place the pieces in the Corn Flakes mixture and shake until well coated and place on a wire rack. Repeat the process until all the pieces are coated.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on a wire cooling rack with a tray underneath.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done.
- While the chicken is cooking in the oven, make the waffles.
- To make the waffles, pre-heat a regular waffle maker. Mix the batter and place ⅛ cup in the center of the iron. Cook for 3 minutes or per your maker’s instructions. You will want to make at least two mini waffles at a time. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Continue making the waffles until you have two mini waffles for each piece of chicken.
- Keep the waffles warm and remove the chicken from the oven.
- Spread Creole Kicker® SPRD® on half of a waffle and stack the chicken between the waffles. Serve hot.
Kitchen Crafted Tip:
Serve a fried egg on top of the chicken along with extra Creole Kicker® SPRD®!