Summer ends in September, and for us at least, Labor Day seems to signal the end of summer fun. Why not go out with a bang by hosting an amazing outdoor party with some amazing dishes? @sliceofjess’ Red Potato Salad spiced with our Creole Kicker SPRD® has got you covered! Bring the flavors of the bayou to your Labor Day gathering with this flavorful recipe. To keep the fun going, we are running a BOGO promotion at all Harris Teeter stores!
The next time you’re looking for a side dish with some zip, Jess Bentley’s Red Potato Salad spiced with Kitchen Crafted’s Creole Kicker SPRD®, bell peppers, and jalapeños has got you covered! Bring the flavors of the bayou to your next gathering with this flavorful recipe. Your friends will thank you later.
Potato salad is a staple at any get together. It’s familiar, it plays well with others, and it’s incredibly easy to make. Need we say more?
- 1.5 lbs. Red Potatoes, diced
- 1.5 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced
- 2 Bell Peppers (any color works), chopped into small squares
- 1 – 2 Fresh Jalapeños, seeded & diced
- ¼ small Red Onion, thinly sliced & chopped
- ½ cup chopped Flat Leaf Parsley + more for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (optional)
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Kitchen Crafted Creole Kitchen SPRD®
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs, cut in half Smoked Paprika, for dusting eggs
- Wash and dice the potatoes and place them in a large pot covered with water. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for 15 – 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- While potatoes are cooling, cut the peppers, red onion, and flat leaf parsley. Then toss them together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the apple cider vinegar (optional), buttermilk, and Kitchen Crafted Creole Kitchen SPRD® in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Once cooled, gently toss potatoes with pepper mixture and pour creole mixture over the potato mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving (ideally make a day ahead of time and let flavors mingle overnight).
- Prior to serving, top the dish with hard boiled eggs. Sprinkle with paprika and flat leaf parsley. Enjoy!
Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!