Nothing says I love you like something homemade. Especially when that something involves a rich, creamy, decadent sauce made with Creole Kicker® SPRD®.
- 2 store-bought frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- All-purpose flour
- 1 egg plus 2 tsp. water
- 12 eggs, scrambled
- 3 tbs. whole milk
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 jar Creole Kicker® SPRD®
- 8 oz. smoked salmon
- 2 tbs. French chives, finely chopped for garnish
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Herbes de Provence BLND®
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet and lay it on a lightly floured surface and cut the puff pastry in half, then each half into four pieces.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper (parchment paper) or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Whisk the egg and water in a bowl. Then brush the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and split each piece in half horizontally so you have a top and bottom. Place on a rack to cool.
- Add the heavy cream to a sauce pan and cook over medium-low heat, reducing the liquid until it reaches a sauce consistency, about 15 to 20 minutes. Whisk in the Creole Kicker® SPRD® and Herbs de Provence BLND®. Keep warm.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter to a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium to high heat. When the butter bubbles, pour the eggs straight into the middle of the pan. Make sure not to brown the butter. Scramble the eggs. As soon as the eggs begin to form, drop the heat to low and shift from stirring to folding. Gently shake the pan and when the eggs are no longer runny, turn the heat off and gently transfer the eggs to a warm plate.
- Place a few tablespoons of Creole Kicker® SPRD® Cream Sauce on the bottom of four serving plates. Secure one piece of puff pastry to the bottom of the plate. Spread Creole Kicker® SPRD® on the puff pastry, divide the eggs between them and top with the smoked salmon and a sprinkle of chives, and place the top half of the puff pastry on the salmon. Serve immediately.