Tropical Mumbai Masala Chicken Kabobs
Enjoy these kickin' kabobs with your favorite rice. A sure crowd-pleaser.
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup Braggs Liquid or Light Soy Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tbs. Mumbai Masala BLND®
- 2 tbs. Water
- 1 tbs. Cornstarch
- 4 Boneless-Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 - 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Red Onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Cups Fresh Pineapple cut into 1-inch cubes
- Wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes to avoid burning
- Optional Garnish: Rice and Fresh Mint, chopped fine
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, crushed red pepper and the Mumbai Masala BLND®. Place the saucepan on medium to high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly whisk into the marinade and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the marinade begins to thicken a bit. Remove from heat and let mixture cool.
- Once cool, pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag and reserve the other half of the marinade for later. Add the chicken, seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and no more than 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, get the vegetables and pineapple ready to skewer.
- Drain chicken, discarding the marinade. Using the soaked bamboo skewers, alternate meat, with onions, peppers and pineapple. Sprinkle each kabob with Mumbai Masala BLND®.
- Grill the chicken skewers uncovered, over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Baste with the remaining marinade. Continue turning and often, basting until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over your favorite rice and top with fresh mint.