You might not think the authentic Italian taste of Marinara Mia® SPRD® would complement this tangy, sweet Vietnamese classic, but you’d be wrong.
- spring rolls
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and julienned
- ½ cup red, yellow or orange peppers, julienned
- ½ cup cucumbers, peeled, seeded and julienned
- ½ cup zucchini, julienned
- 8 ounces thin noodles
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 jar Marinara Mia® SPRD®
- 8-10 rice spring roll papers
- hot water for the wrappers
- 1 bunch fresh basil, julienned
- ½ lb. mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Prep the vegetables and set to the side, separated.
- Cook noodles in boiling hot water for about 10 minutes, then drain, cool and set aside in a small bowl. Mix together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and pour over the noodles.
- To assemble spring rolls, pour hot water into a shallow dish and immerse, one rice paper at a time, to soften for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Transfer to a damp cutting board or damp towel and gently spread out edges into a circle.
- To the bottom third of the wrapper, add a small amount of Marinara Mia® SPRD® and a handful of noodles. Now add a layer of carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, zucchini, and sprinkle fresh basil. Gently fold over once, tuck in edges, and continue rolling until seam is sealed.
- Place seam-side down on a serving platter and cover with damp warm towel to keep fresh and so the rolls do not dry out. Repeat until all fillings are used up.
- Serve with additional Marinara Mia® SPRD® for dipping.